It's a 3 hours bus ride from Kathmandu. The Bhote Kosi River is with out a doubt the most action packed short white water run in Nepal. The river drops steeply offering relentless stretches of class III-IV white water. Boulder gardens, small waterfalls, steep chutes and 90 degree bends are just some of the obstacles to be overcome. Like the Marsyangdi River , this river is not typical of the big volume water of the Himalaya, it is steep and technical and requires a reactive crew.
The fun doesn’t stop there at the end of an action packed day, relax in unspoiled surroundings on the beach.
Safety for Rafting :
- We takes the safety and security of all its clients very seriously. It is our primary concern and reflected in every aspect of your time with us.
- All our guides are licensed, trained in CPR, first aid and advanced river rescue techniques.
- All our equipment is world class, up to date and carefully maintained.
- We use Avon self-bailing rafts.
- We always use safety kayakers on every trip.
- We prepare all food with the utmost attention to hygiene.
- Whenever possible we use private bus and driver.
What to bring with you during the Rafting
- Light weight clothing that will dry quickly, eg. shorts, t-shirt, swim wear for on the river.
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector.
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap.
- Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best!) and any personal medication.
- Footwear that will stay on in the river, ‘Tevas’ or tennis shoes are best.